We would love to welcome anyone who wishes to be married at All Saints.
Weddings are wonderful occasions where we can celebrate the love and commitment you share together. Christian marriage is very important to us and we want to do all that we can to help you prepare for your wedding and your married life.
There are certain criteria that you have to fulfil to be married in any Church of England venue and these are listed below.
A person has a qualifying connection with a parish and is therefore able to be married by banns licence if that person:
- was baptised in the parish.
- had his or her confirmation entered in a church register book of a church or chapel in the parish;
- has at any time had his or her usual place of residence in the parish for at least 6 months;
- has at any time habitually attended public worship in the parish for at least 6 months;
Or a parent of that person has at any time during that person’s lifetime:
- had his or her usual place of residence in the parish for at least 6 months;
- habitually attended public worship in the parish for at least 6 months;
- a Parent or Grandparent of that person was married in the parish.
If you do not consider that you qualify for any of these connections please get in contact and we can have a chat over what you can do to be married in church. There are further regulations concerning non-British nationals and we can guide you through these.
There will be much to plan, and our clergy will be happy to discuss the details of the service with you. We can also help with the provision of various music options, church bells, recording of the service and hire of other church facilities. Our church grounds can provide a good setting for photographs.
We also run a Marriage Preparation Day for those getting married. These happen on a Saturday around Spring-time and are a great opportunity to think more about how to invest in your marriage for the future. We encourage all couples being married at All Saints to take part in these days.
Find out more...
If you have any questions please get in touch.
0114 268 7574